Friday 3 February 2012

Day 2. Words #febphotoaday

So here is my photo for day two... words!

I still remember finding these precious words hidden in a drawer in my mum's room when I was a very curious little girl.

I remember thinking how beautiful the locket was and then seeing the card in the box with my name printed at the top, to my delight I realised that the treasure I had uncovered was in fact for me! I used to sneak in to my mum's bedroom at every opportunity to get a glimpse of this precious heirloom.

Eventually at the age of 18 the little package was mine.

I am told that the necklace was given to my Nana by my Papa as a 16th birthday present. My Papa sadly died the year that I was born and my Nana gave the locket to me as a Christening present.

I wore the necklace on my wedding day and one day will pass it on to my beautiful little Isabella.

I will always remember these special words, they are perfect and bring a smile to my face each time I read them.

H.x

No comments:

Post a Comment