Tuesday 11 October 2011

A castle made of sweet things

It has taken a couple of days but we have just about recovered from Isabella's 4th birthday party!!

All of her new toys and beautiful clothes have been stowed away in her bedroom and the house is back to its pre party state!

It was a wonderful weekend filled with beautiful family and friends and tons of sweetie castle cake...

I am quite proud of myself for this birthday's cakey creation... Bella loves all things princess and so there came the idea of the castle cake, a few nights of research on how to create my little princesses very own castle with a difference and I set to work!

The main cake is made up of 3 layers of victoria sponge, a square for the base and then two circle cakes which I covered with ready to roll icing. The towers are made from swiss rolls which I have wrapped in icing and topped with merangues that I swirled into peaks. Then I set to work decorating the castle with lots of sugary treats!

H. x


No comments:

Post a Comment