Tuesday 18 October 2011

If at first you don't succeed...

I have taught myself to knit!!!

For the same reason that I started to blog I decided that this Winter I would try my hand once again at knitting and this time I have succeeded!!

I was inspired to give it another go by a lovely lady that I met one day at work, who is also the owner of the blog L is for Love a regular read of mine!

I taught myself with the help of a fantastic book called Start to knit by Alison Dupernex, got myself some chunky yarn and chunky needles and set to work! And this was the result...























So I have now set myself the challenge of knitting my Nannie a snood for her birthday...























It is well on its way but still along way to go so I will post another picture when I have finished.

I have this week also made a skirt for a customer who saw Bella's birthday dress and liked it so much they asked me to make a gift for a friend of theirs. This is all a bit of trial and error for me as I have always wanted to be able to sell some of the things that I make but am nervous about the 'selling' part! But as this was a request... I thought I would share what I have made with you.























This is an ongoing project of mine but eventually I hope to have an online shop of handmade prettiness but for now my efforts must go into knitting... My mind is already reeling at the possibilities of handmade knitted presents for friends and family!

H.x

No comments:

Post a Comment